1. Solar ModuleA PV module consists of a number of interconnected solar cells which are capable to converts
sunlight to electricity in a series of physical changes operated by the semiconductors.
A standard solar module of 60 cells is in a dimension about 99cm x 165cm x 4.5cm.
2. DC ConnectionA series-connected set of solar modules (called a “string”) will be designed and installed to
match the specification of inverter, and certain switches or breakers , fuse and surge protector
will be equipped in each string for safety of both operating and maintenance.
3. InverterAn inverter is the device to transfer the direct current (DC) generated by solar modules into
alternating current (AC) which is the electric power delivered to business and residence.
4. AC ConnectionTo control the interconnection between solar/PV system and the electricity power line
(the “grid”) an AC control panel which is composed of certain switches or breakers will be
equipped between solar/PV system and grid. A transformer may be needed if the grid runs
under a voltage higher than the AC specification generated by the inverter of solar/PV system.
5. Monitoring systemAn optional monitoring system can be set up for securing the solar system operated in
normal and also collecting the important data regarding power generation by the solar
system periodically, which may be used for further analysis.